Friday, June 24, 2005

Pimpin Product

I thought I'd just write a li'l something pimping a couple of products that I lerv. So, of course, why not start out with the best product of all? ME! Hence the image to the left. Listen to my show tonight, The Ed Shepp Radio Experiment, on WFMU 91.1FM or wfmu.org. Tonight's topic is Money and my guest is J.C., a financial professional in New York. And there you go.

And now for 2 products that I'm so impressed with, I had to tell the world. The first one is 2nd Skin Quick Heal, by Spenco. It's an antibiotic-free gel with a form of hyaluronic acid in it that's supposed to speed healing and minimize scarring. And you know what? Methinks it works. Recall that I cut my hand last week on a piece of glass sticking out of a trash bag, and I was totally freaked out by the wound (I'm not sure if it counts as a cut, a laceration or a puncture) and worried about whether it would heal properly. So I obsessed about it to no end. And that's actually a rational response, considering that, since I am healthinsuranceless, if it got infected and I had to go to the emergency room, it would probably have been a $5,000 cut. But it didn't get to that point, thanks to my religious use of antibiotic ointment, bandages and vitamin placebos. AND 2nd Skin Quick Heal, which I've also been religiously using since it seemed I could discontinue the ointment. The cut is healing really well, and last night when I got out of the shower it almost looked like a paper cut. Nothing like the awful thing it looked like last week. So I highly recommend this product. Plus, I have a feeling hyaluronic acid is going to be the next big anti-wrinkle thing, so you could use this as an anti-aging gel and be ahead of the game. Go buy some today.

The second product is Pantene Pro-V Lightweight Conditioning Foam. It's a leave-in conditioner foam that's supposed to be volumizing as well. Now, there's a contradiction, you're thinking. A leave-in conditioner that adds volume?? Yeah, that's why I thought, but I needed a l.i.c. and I thought a foam would work, so I bought it. And you know what--it's miraculous! Truly miraculous! If you're an atheist like me and want a touch of the miraculous in your life, go get some of this stuff, because it truly is. I can't over-praise it. It leaves my hair soft, glossy AND full of volume. It's like a styling aid. I've never used anything like it. And it's so easy to use--just 1) wet hair and 2) plop in, and your hair will look incredible all day. No frizz, no glued-to-the-head look either. I'm loving this stuff. I'm even trying it on the cat tonight, because her coat could stand to look a little better. (I'm not really trying it on the cat.)

And alas, breaking news: a podcast of my show will not be available after all. There's just too much copyrighted material. And the world heaves a sigh. Well, I guess alls yalls are just going to have to stream it or listen live. Because I know alls yalls are going to be listenin', right?!?! raaiiiight?

Seriously, though, I'm not one of those people who is like, 'You have to listen to my show or you're a total asshole.' So don't feel obligated to listen, and then start seething with resentment and burning printouts of my picture and starting a Church of the Anti-Ed Shepp or anything. And don't go around telling everyone how much you hate me and putting up Anti-Ed Shepp websites. That would be the worst. I can't imagine anything worse than someone putting up an anti-Ed Shepp website that gets a lot of hits and gets a lot of people thinking about Ed Shepp. Please, everyone, don't ever do that.

And that's the beep for now.

Beep!
Ed Shepp

1 comment:

Jon said...

Holy crap- glad your wound is healing. Kind of reminds me of how I saw a hypodermic syringe on the street in Nolita the other day- now THAT would have been bad if you stepped on it!! I saw a cop walking and told him about it, and he said he'd do something about it.

Judging from seeing your pictures, you don't really need a leave in conditioner-- your hair looks great