Thursday, May 19, 2005

Garbanzos of Fond, Britney-Style!

So Five is almost ready to come out of its shell. The image at left (by Mark Baratelli) isn't the final cover for it (although that's almost done), but it's the inspiration for it. The new one, featuring five Eds looking ravishing in red gingham, is a bit more 'Evlis-y,' I'm told. If you haven't heard anything from Five, there are a few things online (click for each): Pigfucker and Le C Est Pour Chatte here, and Partydance on fluxblog today. Let's hear it for fluxblog! Yay! ...And I'll prolly be uploading A Brief Introduction soon, maybe for a limited time, cux limited times are so coolzbot. One thing a lot of people like about the piece is its rhyme scheme, which follows: A A A A A B B B B B C C C C D D D E E F F F F F F F F F F F F F F F F G H G H.

One thing I love about something of mine being featured on fluxblog is the huge increase in traffic myne own blog gets for a li'l while. It's always nice to get more hits. Being linked to by another site is one way to increase traffic. Another way, apparently, is to yak about certain celebrities. I recently experienced a jump in traffic from a post where I briefly mentioned my friend Veep briefly mentioning to me that Hayden Xtensen was spotted making out with his BF in WeHo. That got on some Hayden fansite, where someone linked to me (and called me 'harsh'--I was like, 'I'm not harsh!' Then I read my own entry and was like, 'Wow, that was harsh.') and spiked my traffic. And now again someone linked to the same entry from their blog, same topic. Wow! Who knew I'd become something of an authority on a Hayden Christensen rumor?! If I had an inkling that might happen, I'd definitely have changed the wording around in the entry, probably mentioning that Veep is a 'film industry insider' and trying to play off that I had the scoop on the whole incident, when in fact I think that came originally from towleroad. As for the linkers, I only read a teetsy bit from the site that first linked to me--the whole site smelled of teenage estrogen, so I didn't want to read too far into it. I'm sure they were all like, 'He's just jealous of Hayden, blah blah blah blah... ' Am I jealous of Hayden Christensen? Why, because he's extremely goodlooking and has a great career where he can make a lot of money and get a ton of acclaim? Wha? Why on earth would I be jealous of that?! NO ONE would be jealous of that!!

Ooh, a segway: Speaking of movies, I got to see The Day After Tomorrow a few days ago on cable on-demand. What a stupid movie! I'm so glad I didn't see it in theaters! There weren't even any mind-blowing special effects, which is why I wanted to see the movie anyway. Such a letdown. 1 tardo movie down, 1 to go: A friend is pressuring me to watch Gigli, because it's "not that bad." She wants me to watch it to see that it's not as bad as all the hype made it out to be (according to her). Since when did people start demanding others see movies simply because the movies aren't as bad as they thought? They're still bad! Clearly I'm behind the times, cux I still recommend movies to people because the movies are good and worth seeing. Another movie note: Lars Von Trier's next movie in the Dogville trilogy is out, I think. Or it's in festivals or something. I can't wait to see it, but if it's anything like Dogville, I'm going to have to prepare myself somehow. That movie was so long and the absence of sets was fatiguing to me (but I LOVED the ending). It struck me as pretty Scandinavian, I guess--kinda depressing but edifying in the end, like Bergman. Is that right? Eh. Anyway, he called GWB an asshole, which I found funny. And lastly on the movie tip, I'm definitely going to see Star Wars while it's in the theaters--I'm not flaking out this time! I haven't seen any of the prequels, and indeed, I haven't seen any of the originals, unless you count seeing the first of the movies in the theaters when I was too young to really remember it. I'm going to try to see it with a friend who's obesessed with SW--he even gets hired to be Darth Vader at appearances! He can explain to me everything that's happening on the screen.

And now for TV blips: That Britney show is just unwatchable. Blech. And I'm glad Naima won America's Next Top Model--she had the most personality of all the girls, which is actually saying very little.

Lasterly, I've said it before and I'll say it again: amNew York is the Worst. Paper. Ever. Every time I read it I notice some error or clumsy language or typo or something. Yesterday there was an article on HPV--the human papilloma virus. It actually appeared in an advice column section. The advice giver said that 'most people don't know' that HPV can be cleared up quickly with antibiotics. !!!! 'Most people' don't know this because it's NOT TRUE. You can treat a virus with antibiotics! And what's an advice columnist doing giving medical advice anyway?!?! You'd think she could have at least consulted someone in healthcare, but then this is amNew York, where the standards are kept low low low.

And that's the beep for now, beeplets!

Beep!
Ed Shepp

1 comment:

The Daily City® said...

Although, I can't help but be elated knowing a link to my blog and a design of mine has been so prominantly displayed on your blog for so long, update your damn blog you pigf***er.