Thursday, January 04, 2007

Got Wellbutrin?

OK folks, I could use some good karma, so I'm issuing a public health announcement. And without a gross medical picture to accompany it. (I'm not a doctor or anything, so don't take this as some official announcement. Beeyotch. Consult your own doctor with your questions.) I feel the world needs to know.

If you get cold sores, and you also have some Wellbutrin/Zyban/bupropion lying around, you might want to take it when you feel a cold sore coming on. Supposedly it helps prevent/treat them. But don't take it from me, bgeeplers. Take it from the person filing patents for the treatment:

http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/6512011-fulltext.html

I didn't know. (Well, I didn't up until a few weeks ago. I just wanted to see more about it.) So I figured there might be other people who didn't either. So there you are. Do with the information what you will. And that's my good deed beep for the day.

(Oh, and that's a picture of and by my friend Mark Baratelli at the top of the blerg. I didn't have a pic for the entry, and I just think that's the cooliest.)

Beep!
Ed Shepp



No comments: